Sunday, June 28, 2009

Status Quo

Not much new to report in Ben-land. He's still wobbly. The frequency of his vomitting has decreased in the past month, but there have still been some unfortunate episodes. I've developed a sort of PTSD response to his coughs, as they are often the precurser to the big sloppy show. Fortunately, we finally have his swallow study scheduled, and I'm hoping that will offer some insight into his eating (and keeping it down) difficulties.

We've started the introduction of Kinesio tape, which is long bandage-like strips of tape running the length of Ben's spine, designed to help turn on his muscle tone. I don't know if it will help, but it's non-invasive and worth a try. It has caused quite a stir to friends and family who've wondered why Ben needs these huge BandAids.

Still awaiting some lingering test results. I'm growing tired of following up with the doctor's office staff who promise to call me back, but rarely do. Just one more thing on my expanding "to do" list. I find it hard to maintain motivation to keep hounding them, when I don't really believe that the answer will matter much.

So, that's it for now. Life goes on with Ben in his typical wiggly and giggly fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment